English School inOxford
Study English in Oxford
If you love learning, then Oxford was built for you. Just an hour outside London, the “city of dreaming spires” has been nurturing great minds for centuries: from John Locke to Oscar Wilde to Malala Yousafzai. An idyllic boating picnic inspired the creation of Alice in Wonderland, while the Harry Potter films borrowed the city’s magical atmosphere for scenes in Hogwarts.
- Our Oxford English school is housed in a large Edwardian house in the elegant Summertown area where Tolkien wrote The Lord of the Rings, and only five minutes by bus or bike from the center of town
- Specializes in Exam preparation programs
- A large private garden featuring a BBQ area, table tennis and an on-site café serving hot and cold food, including vegetarian and halal options
- Arranges weekend trips to famous European cities such as Paris, Amsterdam and Edinburgh
- Closed groups for Juniors aged 12–17 can be accepted in our Oxford school
Available courses at this school
About our Oxford English school
- University Placement Service
Our University Placement Service (UPS) allows you to benefit from our extensive network of partner universities and colleges. Combined with our wealth of experience, we help you gain entry to graduate and undergraduate courses. Learn more
- Teacher Qualifications
All teachers have a level of education normally represented by a degree and they also have a CELTA or equivalent qualification. Some also hold the higher level DELTA qualification, PGCE, or MA in applied linguistics
- Exam center
Our Oxford school is a Trinity exam center
- School holidays
- Oxford school audit report
This school is frequently inspected by regulatory bodies. You can read the British Council's latest audit report online for our English school in Oxford.
This Kaplan International Languages school is accredited by the British Council, and is a member of English UK. These are highly respected organizations that represent and help maintain the best English language schools in the country.
*Student recommendations are based on Kaplan students surveyed in 2018.